A fantastic opportunity has been created for a Polish speaking Buyer & Scheduler to join Weir.
This role is part of an operational procurement function; responsible for direct materials within WME and the associated purchasing tasks (placing orders, expediting, etc.) on a reactive basis.
WHY CHOOSE WEIR:
Be part of a global organization dedicated to building a better future: At Weir, the growing world depends on us. It depends on us constantly reinventing, quickly adapting and continually finding better, faster, more sustainable ways to access the resources it needs to thrive. And it depends on each of us doing the best work of our lives. It’s a big challenge – but it is exciting.
An opportunity to grow your own way: Everything moves fast in the dynamic world of Weir. This creates opportunities for us to take on new challenges, explore new areas, learn, progress and excel. Best of all, there is no set path that our people must take. Instead, everyone is given the support and freedom to tailor-make their own career and do the best work of their lives.
Feel empowered to be yourself and belong: Weir is a welcoming, inclusive place, where each individual’s contribution is recognized and all employees are encouraged to innovate, collaborate and be themselves. We continually focus on people and their wellbeing. We believe in fairness and choose to be honest, transparent and authentic in everything we do.
• Take full ownership of the purchase order process (placing orders, expediting; determining mode of transport etc.);
• Supplier order book management and expediting – ensuring the on time supply of goods; and services through regular communication, meetings and conference calls
• Use MD06 daily to capture exception messages and communicate issues to all affected departments;
•Use our online ordering portal I2B and keep updated/SAP;
• Building strong operational relationships with the WME suppliers, working collaboratively to improve service;
• Managing the commercial aspects of sourcing, including market analysis, spend analysis, tendering, negotiation, contract negotiation and management.
• Source and evaluate new products and suppliers to promote supply chain improvements.
• Undertake supplier performance reviews, supplier scorecards and develop and implement performance improvement plans to improve Cost, Quality, Delivery and Continuous improvement.
• Drive cost reduction through negotiation, benchmarking and VAVE activity against agreed targets.
• Develop stocking and sourcing strategies with suppliers to reduce working capital.
• Take responsibility of supplier quality, seeking to improve and maintain high standards. Facilitate the NCR process and report KPI’s.
• To support the category buyers and quality assurance with supplier development and implementation of strategic plans;
• Resolve invoice queries with suppliers and seek to minimise their occurrence
• Demonstrate 100% commitment to our zero harm behaviours in support of our drive towards developing a world class safety culture.
• Assist in cross functional projects to deliver supply chain performance improvement;
• Complete required order book and KPI reporting;
• Provide a flexible responsive customer service;
Experience & Qualifications:
• Proficiency in SAP Procurement module.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Outstanding relationship-building skills.
• Enthusiastic, resilient, and deadline-driven.
• Familiar with manufacturing processes and regulatory requirements.
• CIPS Preferred, completed, or working towards
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English & Polish
• Strong team mentality but able to working autonomously
• Accurate reporting and data analysis
Founded in 1871, Weir is a world leading engineering business with a purpose to make mining operations smarter, more efficient and sustainable. Thanks to Weir’s technology, our customers can produce essential metals and minerals using less energy, water and waste at lower cost.
With the increasing need for metals and minerals for climate change solutions, Weir colleagues are playing their part in powering a low carbon future. We are a global family of 11,000 uniquely talented people in over 60 counties, inspiring each other to do the best work of our lives.