Weir Minerals Europe is part of the Weir Group PLC, the business has been established for over 150 years and is a world leader in the design and manufacture of pumps, valves, cyclones, vibrating screen machines, crushers and other associated equipment for the mining and minerals processing industries.
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
The Project Manager reports to the Projects Director and is primarily responsible for ensuring the successful project execution relative to the key deliverables of scope, schedule, financials plus overall quality.
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that the cross-functional projects team is appropriately resourced throughout the project lifecycle and that the team are empowered & supported in their respective roles.
- Advise the sales organisation on contractual and operational risks as part of the bidding process and prior to final contract negotiation
- Lead internal Project Kick-Off meetings in order to translate the contract into the project plan, scope of work, functionality and determine the project budget based on the agreed supply chain strategy
- Lead customer Project Kick-Off meetings following receipt of the PO with the relevant commercial and sales team representatives in order to capture & progress any unresolved issues
- Work with the Supply chain team and to consider the most efficient solution from a cost and risk perspective in order to ensure the successful execution of the contract to meet the customers’ requirements
- Ensure the project is pro-actively executed according to the agreed scope, schedule and financials.
- Review and approve and oversee the Project documentation submission schedule
- Lead the cross-functional project team from contract award to final acceptance by the customer
- Acts as primary point of contact for the customer
- Creating and updating deliverables such as the project plan, project reports, risk analysis and action log
- Manage commercial aspects of the project: receivables, formal provision of contract variations, invoice plan, liquidated damages, performance bonds project cash flow, etc
- Developing and maintaining the project plans
- Managing and reporting the project progress and budget
- Managing the project stakeholders
- Managing the project team
- Managing the project risks & issues
- Managing potential project conflicts
- Undertake lessons learned at appropriate stages of the project to ensure the wider business understands what went well and suggested improvements
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve project management process’, procedures, tools & techniques
Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree qualified
- Prince 2 Practitioner / APM-PMQ / PMI-PMP Certified
- Fluency in Polish and English languages is essential, fluency of German is desirable.
- IT-Literate: Microsoft Office skills including MS-Project are essential with SAP knowledge desirable
- Proven experience managing projects in engineered-product B2B industry
- Prior experience reviewing international contracts
- Prior experience in capital equipment/solution driven organisation
- Robust Knowledge of contract law and commercial terms and conditions
- Strong organizational/planning ability
- Motivated and self-starting individual
- Customer Service focus
- Strong analytical ability
- Diverse commercial acumen
- Competitive Salary
- Office or office/home (blended) based role with visit to Leszno Poland
- 20% Domestic & International Travel
- Laptop & Smart Phone